Calculating Gram Formula Weights
- To begin-press "New Compound" and a chemical formula will appear to the right of the table.
- Calculate the Gram Formula Weight (also known as Molar Mass), enter it in the answer cell and press "Check Answer."
- The results on the problem and a running total will appear in the second table.
- If you get a problem "incorrect", you should redo it and recheck your
- For ease of presentation, all gfws are presented to four significant figures, even though the gaws are often known to greater precision than that.
- If you miss a problem three times, pressing "Show Answer" will display the complete solution and you will no longer be able submit an answer for that problem.