This is a basic exercise in naming simple binary compounds.
Since its effective use requires analysis of text input there are
some basic rules:
1. Pressing "Display Spellings" will open a window
containing the spellings used for the polyatomic ions on this
page. The user should refer to periodic tables or other sources
for spelling of elements.
2. Pressing "New Compound" causes a small window to appear with a formula, an empty cell and a "Check Answer" button.
3. Enter the name of the compound in the cell.
4. Press "Check Answer."
5. Detailed results and score appear in the table on the top page.
6. If you get all or part of the name incorrect, you may go back and correct your answer and resubmit it.