Complete the following problems in your notes.
- A balloon with a volume of 3 L at 25 C is heated to 35 C. Make a drawing of the balloon before and after heating. Then, determine the new volume?
- A 2 L bottle of gas has a pressure of 1.5 atms. The pressure is raised to 1575 mmHg. Make a drawing of the bottle before and after the pressure is raised. Then, determine the new volume?
The following data were collected during the temperature-volume laboratory activity using hot oil and capillary tubes:
Temperature (°C) Length of trapped air in the tube (cm)
- Convert the Temperatures to Kelvin (K)
- The temperature was changed by the chemist. Which axis would this be?
- Using graph paper, construct a graph using the Kelvin temp and the Length in cm (which is the volume). Use Zero for the lowest values.
- Determine the temperature in Kelvin and Celsius where the volume would be Zero.
Use the Periodic Table and a calculator to help you convert the following. Please show all work.
- Convert 685 torr to atm
- If a balloon with a volume of 10.5 L and pressure of 765 torr is pushed to the bottom of a pool with a pressure of 4 atm, what will be the new volume in L?
Welcome back and Happy New Year! Now is a time to reflect on the past and make some changes to improve for the new year. Please write the questions and answer the following in your notes.
- What worked well for you this past semester in this class?
- What 3 specific things (study more is not specific) could you do to improve in this class?
- List and describe 3 class rules.
- When are cell phones allowed to be used in this class?
On Separate Paper, Balance the Equations using the smallest numbers for coefficients. Turn in to In-Box when finished.
- __H2 + __Cl2 –> __HCl
- __Na + __F2 –> __NaF
- __CH4 + __O2 –> __CO2 + __H2O
- __CaBr2 + __FeCl3 –> __FeBr3 + __CaCl2
- __C3H7OH + __O2 –> __CO2 + __H2O