Using the Stoich-Limiting lab instructions, write the balanced chemical equations for the two possible reactions of copper(II) sulfate with iron metal.
A) Convert the following:
- 274.55 g sodium chloride to moles
- 3.88 x 1024 atoms iron to grams.
B) Chromium metal reacts with oxygen gas to produce chromium(III) oxide. Write the word equation, formula equation, and balance it.
Convert the following:
- 42.86 g calcium to atoms
- 285.2 L of carbon dioxide gas to moles
- 2.05 moles copper(II) chloride to grams
The mass of the empty crucible and lid was 28.25 g. The mass of the crucible, lid, and copper(II) sulfate pentahydrate was 30.21 g. The mass of the crucible, lid and anhydrous salt was 29.52 g. Determine the following:
- The mass of the hydrate.
- The mass of water lost.
- The percent of water lost.
- The Error in both mass and percent.
- The Percent Error based on mass and percent.
Draw the Lewis Dot Structure in 3D (VSEPR) and label the angle and shape:
- Carbonate Ion